The Nature Conservancy is proud to announce the return of the annual fall Mt. Tabor Work Party with Portland Parks & Recreation and Friends of Mt. Tabor Park. Mt. Tabor Park is one of Portland’s most popular attractions. The 196 acre property is located on top of an extinct cinder cone volcano and offers panoramic views of Downtown Portland.
Volunteers will be doing various tasks from 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM, followed by a celebration of the last year of volunteer projects.
Please dress for the weather, wear closed toed shoes, water and snacks. Tools, gloves, and project instruction provided.
Please register HERE
Contact Anne Marie Santos at annemarie.santos@portlandoregon… or 503-729-0318.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife! Here are a few tips to get you ready for your next stewardship event.
- PP&R staff or the partner group liaison will be on site to greet you and will provide gloves, tools, training for the day's activity, and a snack to keep you going.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, please stay at home.
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.
If you are looking for community service to fulfill court requirements, please call 503-823-5121. You must be registered with our program before undertaking any community service.