Join Willamette River Keeper and PP&R for a morning of trash clean up at Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge. Please dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes, bring a face covering, and bring your own personal water bottle, and snacks.
Registration is required. The specific meeting location will be emailed to you once you are registered.
For more information contact Anne Marie Santos at annemarie.santos@portlandoregon… or call/text 503-729-0318.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife! Please read these tips to prepare for you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is required for all stewardship events (call or text us if you aren't able to register online)
- Complete a health screening (brief online survey) before attending each event at portland.gov/health-assessment.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Bring a face covering to wear during check-in. PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water, and snacks. PP&R will provide tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own, and training for the day's activity.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather and wear clothes that you can get dirty, wear close-toed shoes, and bring a water bottle.
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.