Register with SOLVE
Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation's No Ivy League and SOLVE for a morning of invasive plant removal in Forest Park. Tools, gloves, instruction, coffee, and snacks will be provided. Please dress for the weather, bring rain gear, wear sturdy shoes, and bring a water bottle. Volunteers will take a short hike to the site and will be working on uneven ground.
Meeting location: Volunteers will meet at the Holman Lane entrance to Forest Park located at NW Aspen Ave and NW Raleigh St. Parking is available along NW Aspen Ave. Please be considerate of the neighbors and refrain from using their driveways as a turnaround. MAP
Register with SOLVE
Questions: For more information contact Mary Verrilli at email@example.com or 503-823-8367
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your next stewardship event.
- While most stewardship events do not require an RSVP, please check the description to make sure that advanced registration is not required.
- PP&R staff or the partner group liaison will be on-site to greet you and will provide gloves, tools, training for the day's activity, and a snack to keep you going.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event.
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.
If you are looking for community service to fulfill court requirements, please call 503-823-5121. You must be registered with our program before undertaking any community service.