Join Portland Parks & Recreation and the Friends of Woods Park for our monthly volunteer event in Woods Park.
Join Portland Parks & Recreation and the Friends of Woods Park for our monthly volunteer event in Woods Park. Please join in the fun!
Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own tools, gloves and face covering. PP&R will provide these as needed. Please dress for the weather, bring rain gear, wear sturdy shoes, bring a water bottle and snacks.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED: Please register here. Once registered, you will receive an email with the meeting location. Please contact Mary if you have questions or aren't able to register online.
Questions: Contact Mary Verrilli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-8367
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your next stewardship event.
- Registration is required for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, face covering, water and snacks. PP&R will provide tools, gloves, face coverings (if needed) and training for the days activity.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event.
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.
If you are looking for community service to fulfill court requirements, please call 503-823-5121. You must be registered with our program before undertaking any community service.