Join other community members to improve beaver habitat!
Where: Errol Heights Park: SE 45th Ave & Harney Dr.
When: Saturday, June 20 2020, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Join Portland Parks & Recreation and the Friends of Errol Heights to clean up this dynamic neighborhood natural area park. Cleaning up litter beautifies the Park and keeps litter out of Errol and Johnson Creeks, protecting wildlife. Keep your eye out for beaver, ducks, and other wildlife as you volunteer alongside other community members—everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Wear long thick pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and sturdy shoes. Bring a water bottle, rain gear, and sunhat—and binoculars, if you’ve got them! Instruction, tools, gloves, water, coffee/tea, and snacks provided. (Note: Provided items list may be modified due to concerns over Covid-19; as an RSVP’ed volunteer, you will be sent updated information before the event.) Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult.
Meet at: SE 45th & Harney Dr. Park on SE 45th or Harney. Be aware not to block neighbor’s driveways. Enter Park through gate behind Franz Bakery (located on Harney Drive).
Tri-met: Bus #75 (SE 45th & Harney stop)
Bike/Walkon the Springwater Corridor trail: www.PortlandOregon.gov/parks/springwatermap.
Exit trail at SE 45th St. entrance and ride a short distance north to the intersection of SE 45th and Harney Dr. Entrance to Lower Errol Heights Park is from Harney Dr.
For more information Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.823.5937. Day of event call Paul: 503.348.7681 or Susan: 503.823.5937
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your next stewardship event.
- While most stewardship events do not require an RSVP, please check the description to make sure that advanced registration is not required.
- PP&R staff or the partner group liaison will be on site to greet you and will provide gloves, tools, training for the day's activity, and a snack to keep you going.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event.
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.
If you are looking for community service to fulfill court requirements, please call 503-823-5121. You must be registered with our program before undertaking any community service.