Group Service Projects
Is your community organization, religious institution, company, neighborhood association, or club looking for a fun way to volunteer together? Help keep Portland's natural areas healthy and beautiful while team-building and enjoying Portland's beautiful parks! If you have a group of 10 or more people, we can schedule a service project at your convenience on a weekday or Saturday. Service projects typically run from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, but we can accommodate requests for other times as well. Please note that due to COVID-19, we are currently limiting group size. Please contact us to find out more information.
Service Learning for Schools and Programs
Are you a teacher, program coordinator, or parent looking for a unique and educational field trip? Private, public, and home school classes can join with PP&R restoration professionals and environmental educators to perform hands-on restoration work (like planting, hand-pulling or digging out introduced weedy plants, trail maintenance, litter removal, etc.) as well as environmental science investigations around water quality, soils, plant identification, and more. Field sites are available around the city, and programs can be adapted to meet the needs of each class.
Not sure where to start? Give us a call or check out our existing programs on our volunteer stewardship events page.
- For Natural Areas in the Johnson Creek Watershed (SE Portland), contact Susan Hawes at 503-823-5937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Natural Areas in NW and SW Portland, contact Mary Verrilli at 503-823-8367 or email@example.com
- For Natural Areas in the East Willamette River Watershed and along the Willamette River, contact Anne Marie Santos at 503-729-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Natural Areas in the Columbia Slough Watershed (N and NE Portland), contact Yoko Silk at 503-278-1341 or email@example.com
- For soft service trails city nature, contact Ahmed Yusuf at 503-260-2329 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities vary with the seasons.