The Mt. Scott Community Center is temporarily closed and all recreation activities are canceled through September 2020. This date is subject to change.
All PP&R recreation activities are canceled through September 2020. This date is subject to change. For refund information, please visit our Parks Cancellations and Refunds page.
COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Admission Fees and Pass Options
|Visitor||Drop-In||20-Visit Card||Active Pass|
|Adult | age 18-59||$6.25||$106 / $113||$41/mo. / $50/mo.|
|Senior | age 60+||$5.00||$85 / $90||$33/mo. / $40/mo.|
|Teen | age 14-17||$5.00||$85 / $90||$33/mo. / $40/mo.|
|Youth | age 3-13||$4.50||$77 / $81||$29/mo. / $36/mo.|
|Senior couple||n/a||n/a||$49/mo. / $60/mo.|
|Family||n/a||n/a||$66/mo. / $80/mo.|
- Children age 0-2 are FREE
- Ask about our TeenForce Pass!
- Passes only valid at Charles Jordan Community Center. Must be at least 14yrs of age to utilize the fitness center and drop-in fitness classes. Passes provide access to both fitness center and fitness classes.
- Combo pass available for access to Charles Jordan Community Center and Columbia Pool. Inquire at either facility.
- Non-residents may be assessed an additional fee to account for City of Portland taxes that support Portland Parks & Recreation.
- Active Passes will auto-renew each month. Simply pay your first monthly fee upon registering and all future monthly payments are deducted directly from your debit or credit card. Monthly pass options are available for scholarship recipients.
- Family denotes a couple (married or domestic partner) or single parent and their legal dependents living in the same household.
Size in acres
The center was first constructed in 1927 as a wood-frame bathhouse for the pre-existing outdoor pool. In 1949, a concrete building was constructed, and the dressing rooms in the original building were renovated. The gymnasium and roller-skating rink in the basement were constructed in 1953-1954. The auditorium was constructed sometime between 1949 and 1953. As a result of the 1994 bond measure, an indoor aquatic center was added to the facility in 2000. The outdoor pool was filled in and turned into a parking lot.