The Portland Loo® is both a standard restroom style used in parks around Portland and a product that is owned and sold to other communities by the City of Portland.
About The Portland Loo®
The Portland Loo® is both a standard restroom style used in parks around Portland and a product that is owned and sold to other communities by the City of Portland. A portion of the profits from sales supports Portland's provision of public restrooms locally.
Information about Portland's own collection of Loos
Hours of Loos in Portland vary by unit and location. There are five downtown loos that are generally open 24/7, located at:
- North Park Blocks at NW Couch Street
- South Park Blocks at SW Columbia Street
- Waterfront Park at SW Taylor Street
- Waterfront Park at Ash Street
- The original loo at NW Glisan and 5th Avenue
- All other Loos in Portland generally remain open during park hours, but they may close seasonally.
- Exterior handwashing stations serve pedestrians
- ADA accessible
- Cleaned at least once daily
- A bicycle or stroller easily fits inside
For more information about the Portland Loo® as a product
Sales and marketing is managed under contract with the City's partner and the manufacturer of the Portland Loo®, Madden Fabrication.
- For sales or marketing information, please visit portlandloo.com or contact Madden Fabrication at 503-226-3968.
- For maintenance problems or operational questions, please visit portland.gov/parks/report.