Kenton Park Playground Project
Outdated, inaccessible play structures, picnic tables, benches, a drinking fountain, and paved paths were replaced in the playground area at Kenton Park, thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond.
- Winter 2017 - Spring 2017: Concept Development and Public Involvement
- Open House #1: March 7, 2017
- Open House #2: April 13, 2017
- Summer 2017: Construction Documents
- Fall 2017: Permitting
- Winter 2017/18: Bidding
- Spring / Summer 2018: Construction
- September 29, 2018: Reopening of playground
In 2018, Kenton Park’s playground was fully renovated, including the addition of new accessibility features, with funding from the 2014 Parks Replacement Bond.
- Universally-accessible unitary play surfacing
- Universally-accessible play equipment and play features
- Universally-accessible adaptive swing
- Sensory play elements