COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
We Are Open!
Portland Japanese Garden is now selling timed entry into the Garden, every 30 minutes during public hours.
Tickets can be purchased online up to 7 days in advance. The last admission can be purchased at 6:30pm.
Here’s what to know before you go:
- Please wear a face covering
- Observe physical distancing
- Stay on approved paths and observe one-way routes
- Download the Parking Kitty app for easy, touchless metered parking
- Take your time and take care of yourself
- Find more information on our reopening, here.
As a nonprofit organization, we rely on revenues from tickets, memberships, retail sales, and donations.
Thank you for supporting us!
Please visit japanesegarden.com for complete details.
Special Note on Access
Parking for cars is very limited in Washington Park, especially during warm, sunny weekends. About 40% of all visitors skip the parking and arrive by rideshare, walking, biking or using TriMet transit service. Once you’re in the park, use the free seasonal shuttle to explore the park.