COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
The skatepark is 11,000 sq ft, featuring a 5,500-sq-ft street course and 5,500 sq ft of "tranny" (transition) area. The tranny area includes a 9'-deep "peanut bowl" with a 4'-deep shallow end with stairs and a separate rectangular bowl. The street area includes hubba ledges; stamped brick bank; banks, ledges and manual pads; handrails; stairs; two pyramid hips; a quarter pipe; and two "dude chutes."
Learn more about Portland Parks & Recreation Skateboarding Program
Glenhaven Park Playground Project
Glenhaven Park had some of the oldest play equipment in the parks system, dating back to the 1970s. Several play pieces were removed due to lead paint content. Improvements including a new playground, new ADA-compliant pathways, and public art were completed in Fall 2019 at Glenhaven Park, thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond and a contribution from System Development Charges.
- Winter 2017/18 - Spring 2018: Project Set-up, Concept Development, and Public Involvement
- Summer 2018 - Fall 2018: Construction Documents
- Winter 2018/19 - Spring 2019: Permitting and Bidding
- May 2019 - Fall 2019: Construction
- October 19, 2019: Opening Celebration
- Parking lot & street parking
- 8 designated parking spaces (6 car/2 van)
- Paved pathway to play area
- 50 feet to play area
- Engineered mulch surface
- Rubberized surface for the merry-go-round
- Ramp into the play area
- Transfer station
- Sensory play elements
- Accessible restroom