Portland Parks & Recreation created this policy to support film and video production as well as still photography within City of Portland parks.
Fill this form out at least 5 days prior to the requested date of use.
- Application/Processing Fee: $121.25
- Application/Processing Fee for shoots with three (3) business days or less notice: $242.50
- No application fee for B-Roll filming.
PP&R makes no guarantee that a park may be available for use with less than three business days’ notice.
Fee Waiver Eligibility
Fee waivers are available for the following types of activities and whose use does not exclude “in season” athletic league play or PP&R recreation or educational programming. The following permits are eligible for 100% reduction of usage fees.
- News production, cable access, public service announcements.
- Documentary/advertising/marketing for the promotion of Portland Parks & Recreation, City of Portland, Metro Area or the State of Oregon.
- Student film for class projects or non-commercial student productions.
Fee waivers do not waive extra fees such as vehicle access, electricity, application/processing fees, etc. Fee waivers are also available to groups who will have 10 or fewer people within the park and whose use does not exclude “in season” athletic league play or PP&R recreation or educational programming.
Film and Video Fees
- $87.00 (two-hour minimum) hourly without fee waiver
- $43.50 (two-hour minimum) hourly with fee waiver
Still Photography Fees
- $48.75 (two-hour minimum) hourly without fee waiver
- $24.50 (two-hour minimum) hourly with fee waiver
B-Roll Photography Fees
- $121.25 per day
- Up to five parks per permit
- No set up
- Scenery and beauty shots only
- No more than five crew members
- Standard film/video rates apply to more than five crew members.
All permits issued from the Customer Service Center are allowed one change in date or location. Any further changes may incur an additional application/processing fee.
All film, video, or still shoot permits issued from the Customer Service Center are allowed one rain date per date booked at no charge at the time of booking.
Any large film shoot (multiple days in one park or multiple parks over several days) pays the larger application fee of $234.
Availability and Lead Time
The Customer Service Center will make every effort to find an alternative location when the desired location is not available. Please be advised that this is made more difficult the shorter the lead time. The Customer Service Center cannot guarantee that a previously booked location can be made available.