How to register for activities, classes, and offerings
Fall activities run October 2 - December 29, 2023
- September 6 at 12:30pm for activities that start the week of October 2
- October 12 at 9:30am for activities that start the week of November 6 (including winter break camps that take place December 18–December 29)
Create an account
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) uses an online registration system for all the amazing camps, classes, and programs available to you and your family. To register for PP&R activities, you'll first need to create an online account.
Search for a class or activity
Once you have an account, follow this video's step-by-step instructions and captions to search for and sign up for activities.
- How to search for a Portland Parks & Recreation activity and sign up online
- Cómo buscar una actividad de Portland Parks & Recreation e inscribirse en línea
- Как зарегистрироваться на занятия и мероприятия Управления парков Портленда
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) believes recreation is for everyone. We know that the price of programs and activities prevents some community members from being able to participate. Thanks to the Parks Local Option Levy (Parks Levy) we can offer new payment options for people who live within the City of Portland. City of Portland residents can register for a free Access Pass to receive an ongoing discount of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 90% based on financial need. No proof of income is required. Learn more at portland.gov/parks/discount
Fall 2023 Activity Guide
Programs and offerings
Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation (AIR)
Offering activities specially designed for children, teens, and adults who live with disabilities.
Portland Parks & Recreation community centers are open for classes, camps, and drop-in activities. For questions or more information about PP&R community centers, please visit your local community center information page or contact the PP&R Customer Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charles Jordan Community Center
- East Portland Community Center
- Matt Dishman Community Center
- Mt. Scott Community Center
- Montavilla Community Center
- Peninsula Park Community Center
- Southwest Community Center
- St. Johns Community Center
- Woodstock Community Center
PP&R offers diverse environmental experiences in our city's parks and natural areas. Classes, guided walks, camps, volunteer opportunities such as No Ivy Day on October 28, 2023, naturalist training for youth, trail/tree maintenance jobs (including work for young people), and special events focus on the stewardship and connection to nature.
Ladybug Nature Walks
Guided programs for preschools and their caregivers to connect Portlanders to the natural environment.
Virtual and in-person activities for Portlanders ages 60 and up.
- Sign up beginning September 6 at 12:30pm for lessons that begin the week of October 2.
- Sign up beginning October 12 at 9:30am for lessons that begin the week of November 6.
For questions for more information, call your local pool.
The number of classes that Portland Parks & Recreation is able to offer is limited. If you are not able to get into a class, we highly recommend that you place yourself on the waitlist for a class. All classes are 30-minutes long and are offered either Monday or Wednesday, Tuesday or Thursday, or Saturday. Lesson offerings vary by pool and not all levels are offered at all times. See the link below to view and register for swim lessons. No private or semi-private lessons will be offered for fall 2023.
Play swims, lap swimming, and water fitness classes are available at four indoor pools. Fall schedules will begin September 5 unless otherwise noted.
- View Play Swim schedules
- View Lap Swim and Water Fitness Schedules
- View our Swimming Pools page for more information including accessibility, fees, policies, and more.
Portland Tennis Center
Indoor and outdoor courts available for play, lessons, and tournaments.
TeenForce Pass and Programs
PP&R offers FREE access to scheduled drop-in and special registered activities at Charles Jordan, East Portland, Matt Dishman, Montavilla, and Mt. Scott community centers. Stop by any TeenForce site to pick up your required TeenForce pass today.
- Portland Arbor Day
Saturday, October 14, 2023, at McCoy Park.
- Free Yard Tree Giveaway
PP&R is giving away thousands of trees this fall.
Work with Portland Parks & Recreation
Thanks to Portland voters and the Parks Levy, PP&R is hiring for seasonal work and for year-round employment. Please visit portland.gov/parks/employment for information and to see all opportunities available within recreation, aquatics, environmental education, maintenance, and more.