Help keep Mt. Tabor Park healthy by removing invasive plants with Portland Parks & Recreation and the Friends of Mt. Tabor Park Weed Warriors. Please bring your own water bottle, wear closed toe shoes, and dress for the weather. Instructions, tools, and gloves will be provided to anyone who needs them. For the safety of staff and other volunteers, please stay home if you are feeling sick.
Registration is required.
To register, please fill out the registration form.
Meet at the Mt. Tabor Visitor Center at SE Salmon Way and, SE Park Dr, Portland, OR 97215 . See the MAP.
There is a large lot at the Mt. Tabor Visitor Center.
Event will take place on uneven terrain.
For more information, please contact Anne Marie Santos 503-729-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Ready for the Event
Thank you for helping to keep Portland parks healthy and beautiful! Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is required for all stewardship events.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water, and snacks. PP&R will provide training for the activity, tools, and gloves for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work, and will also ensure that we are following COVID-19 protocols, which limit event size. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about Volunteer Stewardship for Groups.