Enjoy a walk on the beaches of the Willamette and Columbia Rivers at Kelley Point Park at this Spring for Your River event! We will be picking up trash along both beaches, and throughout the trails of the park. Event is co-hosted by Portland Parks & Recreation, Willamette River Keeper, and the Columbia Slough Watershed Council. Trash grabbers, gloves, and trash bags will be provided.
Registration is required.
To register, please fill out the registration form with Willamette River Keeper.
For the safety of our volunteers and staff, we are asking that you please take this health screening the day before or the day of the event. It is an anonymous form and it helps to make sure we are all healthy and staying home if we have any symptoms. If you or anyone in your household has any of the symptoms listed on the health assessment, or if you are otherwise feeling sick, please stay home. We will miss you, but there will be other chances to volunteer!
Location details will be emailed out the week before the event.
There is plenty of parking at Kelley Point Park. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
Event will take place on uneven ground; the beaches are sandy and there are some logs that you may need to step over.
For more information, please contact Yoko Silk 503-278-1341; firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Ready for the Event
Thank you for helping to keep Portland parks healthy and beautiful! Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is required for all stewardship events.
- Complete a health screening (brief online survey) before attending each event. Start the screening at portland.gov/health-assessment.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water, and snacks. PP&R will provide training for the activity, tools, and gloves for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work, and will also ensure that we are following COVID-19 protocols, which limit event size. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about Volunteer Stewardship for Groups.