The Portland Parks Board advises the Director and City Council on PP&R-related issues and advocates for the wellbeing of and equitable access to PP&R services. Applications to join the Board are due by Monday, April 26, 2021.
The Portland Parks & Recreation Board is seeking new members of diverse races, ethnicity, age, gender, skill, and ability to serve on the Board beginning July 1, 2021. Our ability to maintain and grow this city’s recreation and open space system depends on your involvement. The Board provides support, advocacy, and guidance to the City Council and Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) with respect to the parks system. Now more than ever, the system needs strong champions to engage in the city and its future.
The Portland Parks Board:
- Provides a significant voice in the development of bureau visioning;
- Ensures that parks, natural areas, open spaces and recreation facilities are advanced in city and regional planning and design;
- Provides a forum for public discussion and advising on park issues; and
- Brings a city-wide and long-term perspective to neighborhood-based issues.
Portland Parks Board membership provides an opportunity to:
- Communicate with bureau leadership and elected officials;
- Engage with community leaders;
- Support civic work and engagement in the City of Portland; and
- Develop leadership skills and experience.
If you are interested in serving and being part of the future our parks system, you can apply online here. Applications are due by April 26, 2021. Interviews and candidate selection will occur the week of May 3, 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Brooke Gardner at email@example.com or 503-823-5135.