Registration for Summer 2024 is TBD!
Camp dates, locations, and registration links will be listed below.
Nature Day Camps are offered to children age 5 to 12.
2023 Locations - 2024 locations will be similar but are subject to change.
- Hoyt Arboretum, Southwest Portland, meeting at Steven's Pavilion (4000 SW Fairview Boulevard)
- Mt Tabor Park, Southeast Portland, meeting at the covered shelter across from the visitor's center (turn right at the park entrance at SE 69th Avenue and Yamhill Street)
- Powell Butte Nature Park, Meet at the lower end of the parking lot East of the Visitor's Center(up the hill from SE 162nd Avenue and Powell Boulevard)
- Sellwood Park/Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, Southeast Portland, meeting at Picnic Area "I" at Sellwood Park (near SE 7th Avenue and Malden Street)
- Pier Park, North Portland, meeting at the covered picnic area near N James Street and Reno Avenue
Traveling groups and friend requests
Campers will be assigned to traveling groups of 10-12 children who are close in age. Traveling groups have two assigned staff, with floating staff and support staff helping during required breaks and lunch. During the registration process, parents can name one (1) other registered camper, close in age (within 2 years), to be grouped with for the week of camp.
Nature Day Camp policies
Before you register, make sure you are familiar with our camp policies. This includes information about withdrawal fees, late fees, lightning, and cancellations due to air quality or extreme heat.
Start and end times
Camps begin at 9:00 am and end at 3:30 pm. Extended drop-off window is from 8:30 - 9:00 am. After-care is from 3:30 - 5:30 pm.
Some shortened weeks
Weeks that will be shortened in 2024 will be listed here.
Extended drop-off and after-care options
We offer a 30-minute extended drop-off window before camp begins each morning. Drop off between 8:30 - 9:00 am, no registration required. We will be offering optional After-care in 2023. Pre-registration is required. After-care goes from 3:30 - 5:30 pm.
Camp Costs and the Access Pass model
- Five-day weeks | $300 - Portland residents, $420 - Non-residents
- Four-day weeks | $240 - Portland residents, $336 - Non-residents
- Three-day week | $180 - Portland residents, $252 - Non-residents
- Five-day weeks | $60 - Portland residents, $84 - Non-residents
- Four-day week | $48 - Portland residents, $67- Nonresidents
- Three-day week | $36 - Portland residents, $50 - Non-residents
Need to lower the cost of camp? Nature Day Camp will be using the Access Pass model in 2023. See the Access Pass webpage for more information
Set up your account ahead of time. Before the morning of registration, take the time to create or update your PP&R ActiveNet account. Make sure there is an account for your family (including the parent or adult who is doing the registration and each camper. List yourself as the Parent/Guardian and each child as a dependent). Add a saved credit card if desired.
Update or create your account
Pay attention to camp dates! Some weeks have five-day camps, and others have three-day camps.
Need to lower the cost of camp? Make sure to register for an Access Pass. Do this ahead of time!
Nature Day Camps have a withdrawal fee. A 20% non-refundable withdrawal fee is charged each time you register for a camp and then withdraw.
Use payment plans to spread out the cost. Nature Day Camps offers the following payment plan option: Pay 20% when registering for camp, and then pay the remaining balance fourteen (14) days before the camp starts. A valid credit card must be on file to use a payment plan. Note: PP&R staff will follow up on any unpaid balances. Unpaid balances are sent to collections after 120 days.
If a camp is full, always join a waitlist. This is our only way to fill spots if they should become available. We rely heavily on waitlists to fill camps which means if you are not on the list, you will not get a call that a spot is available.
Summer 2024 Schedule and Registration Links - TBD
|Camp Dates||Times||Activity Type||Location||Camp Nature Theme||Activity Number|
|9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD|
|Week 1||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE REGISTERED IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a|
|9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD|
|3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE REGISTERED IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a||TBD|
|9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Week 3||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE REGISTERED IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a|
|Week 4||9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Week 4||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a||TBD|
|Week 5||9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Week 5||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a||TBD|
|Week 6||9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD|
|Week 6||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a|
|Week 7||9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Week 7||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a||TBD|
|Week 8||9:00-3:30 pm||Nature Day Camp||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Week 8||3:30-5:30 pm||AFTER CARE - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CAMP TO BE IN AFTER CARE||TBD||n/a||TBD|
Register for camp online, over the phone, or in-person
- Click the links above (once registration is open) to register for camp or visit the PP&R registration page and search for "Nature Day Camp"
- Call the Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525 and refer to the activity number of the camp.
- Call the EE office at 503-823-3601 during our office hours from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
- Visit your local community center to register in person