Mission and Values
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) values a diverse workforce and seeks ways to promote equity and inclusion within the organization. PP&R encourages candidates with knowledge, ability, and experience working with a broad range of individuals and diverse communities. Although not required, PP&R encourages candidates that can fluently speak another language to include that information in your resume.
Permanent and Limited Duration Employment
All positions with Portland Parks & Recreation are listed within the City of Portland employment center and are updated weekly.
- Arborist II
- Facilities Maintenance Technician - CL - Open Continuous
- Financial Planning Analyst (Financial Analyst II)
- Land Stewardship Administrative Manager (Coordinator IV)
- Recreation Leader - Pre-School - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Urban Forestry Tree Inspector (Tree Inspector) - Open Continuous
See all of our employment opportunities here.
Part-time and Seasonal Employment
Includes recreation support staff positions at community centers, summer recreation support, instructors, customer service, counselors, inclusion assistants, seasonal maintenance workers, and more!
- 2023 Aquatics Support Staff - New - Open Continuous (Age 16+)
- Event Ticketing Operations Staff (CSA II) - Open Until Filled
- Recreation Employment - Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation (Ages 18+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - Community Centers (Ages 15+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - Fitness (Ages 18+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - Lifelong Recreation (Ages 15+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - Music and Arts Centers (Ages 18+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - SUN Community Schools (Ages 15+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - Teen Program (Ages 15+) - Open Continuous
- Recreation Employment - Tennis Center (Ages 15+) – Open Continuous
- Seasonal Maintenance Worker - Open Continuous
- Summer Recreation Employment - Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation (Ages 18+) - Open Continuous
- Summer Recreation Employment - Fitness in the Park (Age 18+) Open Continuous
- SUMMER RECREATION EMPLOYMENT- PARK SQUAD (Ages 15+)– OPEN CONTINUOUS
- Summer Recreation Employment - Summer Day Camps (Ages 15+) - Open Continuous
- Summer Recreation Employment - Summer Free for All Free Lunch + Play Program (Ages 16+) (Open Cont.)
See all of our employment opportunities here.
Aquatics Training Programs
Portland Parks & Recreation is always looking for motivated and responsible individuals to join our aquatics staff. We offer lifeguard certification, swim instructor training, and water fitness instructor training classes year-round. Visit our Aquatics Training Program and Employment Opportunities page for complete details.
Portland Parks & Recreation’s internship program is currently unable to accommodate new requests. Please check back for future updates.
City of Portland's Career Center
Check out the City of Portland's Career Center for helpful information to assist in finding employment with the City or other government entities.
Equal Employment/Non-Harassment Statement
The City of Portland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The City will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or protected veteran status. It is the City’s policy to prohibit workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of protected status. The City of Portland is committed to creating a respectful and professional work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation and that promotes employment opportunities.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named below no later than the closing date of this announcement. The City is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To help ensure equal access to City programs, services, and activities, the City of Portland reasonably provides: translation and interpretation services, modifications, accommodations, auxiliary aides and services, and alternative format. For these services, complaints, and additional information, contact Carolyn Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-5076, or TTY/Oregon Relay Service: 711.