With resources from the Parks Local Option Levy (Parks Levy), we can offer new payment options for City of Portland residents that allow you to choose payment levels based on your needs.
Activities including arts and sports classes, swim lessons, hikes, and more.
Pay What You Can
Using PP&R’s Pay What You Can option, the price of registered activities can be reduced to four different payment levels. No income verification is required.
To use Pay What You Can, with online registration, enroll in your desired activity. At the payment screen, under enrollment details, you will see a discount window. Press add to select the number of discounts you need. If you are registering in-person or over the phone, please let the customer service representative know that you would like to use Pay What You Can to reduce the price of the activity.
- Swimming lessons cost $60 per 10 lessons for Portland residents.
- Use one $12 discount to reduce the cost to $48.
- Use two $12 discounts to reduce the cost to $36.
- Use three $12 discounts to reduce the cost to $24.
- Use four $12 discounts to reduce the cost to $12.
- Youth day camp costs $175 per week for Portland residents.
- Use one $40 discount to reduce the cost to $135.
- Use two $40 discounts to reduce the cost to $95.
- Use three $40 discounts to reduce the cost to $55.
- Use four $40 discounts to reduce the cost to $15.
Recreation Center Admission
Enjoy drop-in activities including fitness, swimming, and open gym times.
Register for an Access Discount to receive reduced pricing up to 90% based on your total income. Discounts may be applied to all passes, drop-in fees, and personal training packages. No income verification is required.
If your income falls within the following suggested ranges, you are eligible for an Access Discount of 25, 50, 75, or 90% based on your budget. Those with a lower income or higher number of individuals in their family may consider selecting a greater discount.
- Single adults: up to $49,000 per year
- Family of two-three: up to $58,000 per year
- Family of four: up to $66,000 per year
- Family of five: up to $74,000 per year
- Family of six or more: up to $83,000 per year
- An Adult 20-Visit Pass costs $106 for Portland residents at East Portland, Matt Dishman, Mt. Scott, and Southwest Community Centers.
- Register for a 25% Access Discount and apply it to this pass to reduce the cost to $79.50.
- Register for a 50% Access Discount and apply it to this pass to reduce the cost to $53.00.
- Register for a 75% Access Discount and apply it to this pass to reduce the cost to $26.50.
- Register for a 90% Access Discount and apply it to this pass to reduce the cost to $10.60.
Additional members of the family may need to register for an Access Discount so that it will also apply to their purchases.
Registration for Access Discounts begins September 9, 2021 and is available through March 31, 2022. Register for free online, in-person, or by calling your local community center or PP&R customer service center at 503-823-2525.
Once you have registered for an Access Discount, you can visit a recreation center to apply your discount to drop-in admission, multiple visit pass, or personal training package! Access Discounts may be applied at Charles Jordan Community Center, East Portland Community Center, Matt Dishman Community Center, Mt. Scott Community Center, Portland Tennis Center, and Southwest Community Center.