COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
About Director Park
Located in the heart of downtown Portland at 815 SW Park Avenue, our mission is to be a public piazza that provides an elegant, clean, safe, and versatile space that provides rentals to positively activate the park and complement downtown.
"My grandparents, Simon and Helen Director, were part of a generation of immigrants whose hard work helped build this city. Simon Director (1891-1981) was born in the small Russian village of Chartoriysk. He arrived in Portland in 1910 and began work as a butcher. Helen Holtzman (1900-1976) was born in Warsaw, Poland. She arrived in Portland in 1915 and that same year met and married my grandfather. They had three daughters, June, Ruth, and Arlene. Simon and Helen Director served their community with distinction, paving the way for their children and grandchildren and for generations to come. This park honors their memory and that of their generation in the hope that those who follow will continue their efforts to make Portland the wonderful city that we call home."
Jordan Director Schnitzer
Director Park Permitting Starting 2021
If you’ve rented Director Park before, changes in the permitting process will include but are not limited to the following:
- Park rental will be for the full park proper only (not including leased kiosk building); single area park rentals are no longer available.
- PP&R no longer provides the following services: park hosts, event marketing, signage, security, portable restrooms, street closures, flagging, garbage, neighborhood and business association notifications and noise permits. These are now the responsibility of the permittee.
- Equipment will no longer be available to rent or use including chess pieces, tables and chairs.
- Park rental times, including load-in and load-out times, will be from 7:00am to 6:00pm daily, Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 10:00pm on Friday and Saturday, and 7:00am-9:00pm on Sunday.
- Rental fees will now be aligned with citywide Special Use fees.