About Director Park
Located in the heart of downtown Portland at 815 SW Park Avenue, our mission is to be a public piazza that provides an elegant, clean, safe, and versatile space that provides rentals to positively activate the park and complement downtown.
"My grandparents, Simon and Helen Director, were part of a generation of immigrants whose hard work helped build this city. Simon Director (1891-1981) was born in the small Russian village of Chartoriysk. He arrived in Portland in 1910 and began work as a butcher. Helen Holtzman (1900-1976) was born in Warsaw, Poland. She arrived in Portland in 1915 and that same year met and married my grandfather. They had three daughters, June, Ruth, and Arlene. Simon and Helen Director served their community with distinction, paving the way for their children and grandchildren and for generations to come. This park honors their memory and that of their generation in the hope that those who follow will continue their efforts to make Portland the wonderful city that we call home."
Jordan Director Schnitzer
Request for Interest - Director Park Kiosk Commercial Lease Opportunity
- Optional on-site pre-submittal meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 11:00 am.
- Proposers are strongly encouraged to attend this meeting as they will have the opportunity to view the cur-rent interior design of the building and fixtures. In addition, PP&R staff will speak to the relationship of this space with regard to activities that take place within Director Park.
- Proposals are due no later than midnight on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.
- PP&R reserves the right to extend RFI period. If extension is issued, all submitted Proposals will have the opportunity to use this extra time to update their proposals if desired.
- Proposals submitted will be no more than 10 pages.
- Please submit one electronic file in PDF format to the PP&R contact below by due date.
Dawnna Wilder, Property Coordinator II
Property and Business Development
Director Park Permitting
If you’ve rented Director Park before, changes in the permitting process will include but are not limited to the following:
- Park rental will be for the full park proper only (not including leased kiosk building); single area park rentals are no longer available.
- PP&R no longer provides the following services: park hosts, event marketing, signage, security, portable restrooms, street closures, flagging, garbage, neighborhood and business association notifications, and noise permits. These are now the responsibility of the permittee.
- Equipment will no longer be available to rent or use including chess pieces, tables, and chairs.
- Park rental times, including load-in and load-out times, will be from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm daily, Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am to 10:00 pm on Friday and Saturday, and 7:00 am-9:00 pm on Sunday.
- Rental fees will now be aligned with citywide Special Use fees.