Customer Service Center

We offer permits for a wide variety of activities, from weddings and picnics to sports field and gym use, on Portland Parks & Recreation properties.
On this page

Access Your Online Account  

To log in to your online account, make a payment, view existing permits or access the online reservation system, click here.

About Rentals and Permits

Portland Parks & Recreation has many different venues available for rental. Whether you are planning a wedding, a family or neighborhood event, a company picnic, or a sports tournament, we have a site for you! We also issue permits for tree planting and cutting, sports field and gym use, construction work or staging on PP&R property, and conducting research on PP&R property.

When planning your event, it is very important to contact the Customer Service Center as early as possible to receive the most current information on the park of your choice. Many parks have unique requirements. Staff can update you on everything from construction schedules and bathroom closures, to noise limitations and application deadlines (some as long as 60 days). We can also direct you to other city, county, and state agencies for additional information if necessary, as well as provide manuals and guides to aid in planning your special event.

When is a Permit Required?

A permit is required when any of the following apply-

  • You want guaranteed use of a site
  • You are setting up any equipment (barbeque grill, chairs, tables, canopies, volleyball net or other sporting equipment, etc)
  • You will have alcohol present
  • Your event is expected to have 150 or more people in attendance
  • You will conduct any commercial activity - a service/product for which customers pay, including photography, film/video, classes (including personal training), approved concession of food products and sundries, docking, pedicabs, etc. PP&R, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to deny permits to a specific property and/or specific dates and times.
  • Any organized entertainment/event, demonstration, or public gathering as defined in Chapter 20.08.010 of the City Code.

What Type of Permit Do I Need?

Depending on your type of event, we may have a specific permit to cover your needs.

  • A gathering of family/friends or company/organization at a picnic site or open grassy area? This includes a wedding event where only the reception will take place in a Portland park. 
  • A wedding ceremony with or without a reception?
  • Advertised and/or open to any member of the general public?
  • Taking place on an athletic field? 
  • Primarily a business endeavor, whether offering classes/camps or vending food/equipment?
  • Centered around a film shoot, video production or still photography?
  • Conducting research on topics such as urban ecology and recreation?
  • Completing construction work or staging on Portland Parks & Recreation property?

If you are unsure or need assistance determining what kind of permit will be required for your event, please call the Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525 during business hours. 

Pay a Parking Permit or Other Fee for Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) 

The Portland Parks & Recreation Customer Service Center processes payment on behalf of PBOT. You can either make payment online or call the Customer Service Center directly.

  • To pay online, log in to your Online Account
    • If using a mobile device, make sure you are on the full site. Select the menu icon (3 lines) in the top left corner and select Full Site
    • Your login name is your email address.
    • To receive your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link and an auto-generated password will be sent to you.
    • In the Balance section, select Pay on Account.
    • If making a payment on behalf of an organization, click Organization Services, select View Details, then select Pay Balance.
  • To pay by phone, call the Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525, option 0 during normal business hours. 


PP&R Customer Service Center