Multnomah Arts Center received seismic and ADA improvements through the Parks Replacement Bond.
Thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond, Multnomah Arts Center (MAC) received seismic and ADA improvements. In order to make the best use of these limited funds, feasibility studies were completed in Phase 1 of the Bond to help define the scope of work for the two projects. In Phase 2, design and construction on these improvements will be completed.
Seismic improvements were focused on creating conditions for safe egress in the event of seismic activity. Work included installing bracing in the roof, replacing skylights, and rebuilding one wall of the auditorium.
ADA improvements improved access to the six cottages at MAC, which are used by PP&R for community arts classes and other programs. There are now smooth, newly paved ramps, handrails, and two additional reserved ADA parking spots. These improvements will better serve community members by ensuring access for all.
Construction for seismic and ADA accessibility improvements at Multnomah Arts Center (MAC) is now completed. Thanks for everyone's patience while we made these improvements to your regional arts center!
- Summer 2017 - Winter 2017/18: Design Development
- Winter 2017/18 - Spring 2018: Construction Documents
- Summer 2018 - Winter 2018/19: Permitting and Bidding
- December 2018 - April 2019: Construction
- Winter 2017/18 - Spring 2018: Design Development
- Summer 2018 - Fall 2018: Construction Documents
- Winter 2018/19 - Summer 2019: Permitting and Bidding
- September 2019 - December 2019: Construction