Commissioner Rubio recently allocated $1.5M in System Development Charges (SDCs) to supplement the initial project funding for a total project budget of $2M. The additional funding will allow the completion of a new skateboarding area at the popular Southeast Portland park. Planning for the skateboarding area is beginning in the Spring of 2021, with a targeted completion date of summer 2024.
Community Engagement Timeline
- Community Meeting 1 (Summer 2021) - Listening Session
- Community Meeting 2 (Fall 2021) - Present skate park and park improvement design options based on what we heard in meeting #1.
- Community Meeting 3 - (Winter 2022) - Refinements to designs we heard during meeting #2. We aim to cultivate community support.
Planning and Construction Timeline
- Conceptual Design and Analysis – Summer 2021 to Winter 2022
- Construction Documentation – Winter 2022 to Summer 2022
- Permitting and Bidding –Summer 2022 to Summer 2023
- Construction – Summer 2023 to Spring 2024
- Grand Opening – Summer 2024