- Request a Community Garden plot
- Renew your Community Garden plot
- Transfer your Community Garden plot
- Apply for a Community Gardens Scholarship
- Learn about Community Garden policies
- Volunteer with Community Gardens
Portsmouth Neighborhood Association
The Portsmouth Neighborhood Association received an Interstate Urban Renewal Community Livability grant for the installation of a play structure and a community garden at the former Clarendon Elementary School site. The two adjacent projects now provide recreational uses on the site for neighborhood children and gardeners.
Portland Public Schools closed Clarendon School as part of the district's K-8 school conversion program in 2006. Since then, the site has been underutilized and no longer provides a civic use for the neighborhood. In 2010, the Portsmouth Neighborhood Association identified the school as a location for a new community garden and approached Portland Public Schools and PP&R.