Info on 5/12/22 hybrid hearing (online & in-person)
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Charter Commission Public Hearings
On March 31, 2022, the Charter Commission preliminarily agreed on a package of reforms to advance to voters. All 20 Charter Commission members supported the package, which would recommend three major changes:
- Allowing voters to rank candidates in order of their preference, using ranked choice voting
- Four new geographic districts with three members elected to represent each district, expanding the city council to a total of 12 members
- A city council that focuses on setting policy and a mayor elected citywide to run the city’s day-to-day operations, with the help of a professional city administrator
The Charter Commission wants to hear from you and has scheduled four public hearings in May, learn more here.
Hearing Information (Hybrid, in-person & online)
This hearing was held in-person at the Portland Building & virtually via Zoom. Community members could testify in-person and virtually.
|6:00 - 6:30 p.m.||Welcome, opening remarks, & Charter Review presentation|
|6:30 - 9:00 p.m.||Public Testimony|
Missed the hearing?
No worries! You can submit comments via a variety of methods. The public comment period for the phase I proposed package of reforms closes at 5:00pm on Monday, May 30th
- Online comment form
- Email to CharterReview@portlandoregon.gov
- Phone call to 311
- In writing to the Office of Management and Finance: 1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room 901,Portland, OR 97204