Certain contracts with the City of Portland have specific compliance requirements. Learn more about the the types of compliance and the methods required to track it.
The City of Portland promotes the utilization of prime contractors and subcontractors certified by the Certification Office for Business Inclusion and Diversity (COBID) to promote inclusion and a sustained, vibrant local economy. COBID certifies contractors and subcontractors as Disadvantaged- (D), Minority- (M), Women- (W), Emerging Small Business- (ESB), or Service Disabled Veteran- (SDV) Business Enterprises. In addition, the Workforce Training & Hiring Program strives to maximize work opportunities for women and minorities on City projects that are valued at $200,000 or more and the Subcontractor Equity Plan on City projects between $150,000 and $10 million. These and other requirements are included in certain contracts with the City, such as Construction Price Agreements, Construction Manager/General Contractor, Design Build and some Job Order Contracts.
To track these requirements the City of Portland has launched Contract Compliance Reporting System (CCRS) and Labor Compliance Program Tracker (LCPtracker), web-based tools to assist contractors and facilitate reporting.
LCPtracker provides construction compliance management, certified payroll and workforce reporting. The City uses LCPtracker to collect workforce utilization information on projects subject to the Workforce Training & Hiring Program requirements.
Our web-based CCRS software system replaces cumbersome paper processes with streamlined, online processes to help facilitate contract compliance reporting for companies doing business with the City of Portland. The following key features are available, depending upon levels of access:
- Flexible reporting capabilities
- Online and automated tracking of goal attainment
- Online verification of subcontractor payments
In addition to these features this system also provides access to:
- Search tools for finding Certified Section 3 Businesses
- Search tools for finding State of Oregon COBID-certified (D/M/W/ESB/SDVBE) firms
- Search tools for finding Prequalified Vendors
- New Online Vendor Prequalification Application
- Events and Outreach Opportunities
- How to get started in the new compliance system:
- A guide for prime bidders completing and submitting utilization plans:
- How to get started and information about free training:
- A vendor overview of the new LCPtracker system for the Workforce Training & Hiring Program:
- Additional information about State Approved apprenticeship programs can be found on the Bureau of Labor and Industries Apprenticeship and Training Division website, or by calling (503) 731-4072.
If your firm is not certified, learn more at Business Oregon - Certification Office for Business Inclusion and Diversity (COBID).