Memorial Day closure

Most City of Portland offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.

Other resources to help resolve your concern

White icon on purple background.  Many people in a crowd.
Local resources for service and support.
On this page


211 Info

Information and referral to social services in your area.

311 Info

A single point of access to help with any questions or local government service needs.

City Risk Liability Program

Personal injury or property damage claims against the City.

City/County Information and Referral

Call (503) 823-400 for information and referral for all City of Portland and Multnomah County services.

Contact a City of Portland elected official

Provide comment or feedback on a topic, contact a specific official, request a meeting with an official, or request them to speak at an event.

Fraud Hotline

Report fraud, waste, or abuse involving City government, City staff, or vendors to Audit Services’ Fraud Hotline.

Independent Police Review

Contact IPR for complaints or commendations about police.

Metro Accountability Hotline

The Metro Accountability Hotline, administered by the Metro Auditor's Office, gives employees and citizens an avenue to report misconduct, waste or misuse of resources in any Metro or Metropolitan Exposition Recreation Commission facility or department.

Multnomah County Auditor's Good Government Hotline

The Auditor's Good Government Hotline was established to provide Multnomah County employees and the public at large with a method of reporting concerns about suspected fraud, abuse of position, and misuse of county resources.

Multnomah County Department of Community Services

DCS delivers a number of essential services throughout Multnomah County. Our mission is to preserve harmony between natural and built environments, keep people and pets safe, and ensure every voice is heard. 

Portland Public Schools

The largest school district in the City of Portland. They also have a page that explains their complaint process.


Bureau of Labor and Industries Civil Rights Division

Filing a discrimination complaint.

Governor's Advocacy Office  

The Governor's Advocacy Offices include: the Department of Human Services Ombudsman, the Children's Ombudsman, the Foster Care Ombudsman, and the DHS Client Complaint or Report of Discrimination Process.

Governor's Citizens' Representative

A service of the Governor’s Office that connects members of the public with appropriate state agencies or offices.

Insurance Division Advocacy Team

A division of the State of Oregon’s Department of Consumer and Business Services’ Oregon Insurance Division that addresses complaints about insurance companies or agents and answers questions about health, automobile, homeowner and renter’s insurance.

Manufactured Communities Resource Center

The Manufactured Communities Resource Center (MCRC) program provides confidential an​d neutral help in resolving disputes, promoting open communication and maintaining a positive environment. The MCRC supports landlords and tenants.

Oregon Government Waste Hotline

Report government fraud, waste, or abuse.

Oregon Health and Science University Patient Complaints

Contact Oregon Health and Science University's Patient Relations if you have not been able to resolve your concern after having first discussed it with your healthcare provider.

Oregon Health Authority Health Facility Licensing and Certification program

The Health Facility Licensing and Certification program of the Oregon Public Health Division (HFLC) is responsible for processing complaints for Oregon’s hospitals and certain other types of acute care and community-based health care facilities and agencies.

Oregon Ombudsman Offices

Links to various Ombudsman resources for the state level, including the Foster Care Ombudsman, the Long-Term Care Ombudsman, and the Residential Facilities Ombudsman.

Oregon State Bar

The mission of the Oregon State Bar is to serve justice and the public interest by promoting respect for the rule of law, by improving the quality of legal services, and by increasing access to justice.

Small Business Advocate

Oregon’s Small Business Advocate, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State, assists businesses that believe they’ve been subject to unreasonable or unfair state regulatory actions.


Multnomah County Ombudsperson

The County Ombudsperson helps people who live in Multnomah County resolve issues with county programs and departments. The Ombudsperson is here to ensure that residents are treated fairly in their interactions with the county. As a part of the County Auditor’s office, the Ombudsperson is impartial and independent.

Office of the Ombudsman for Student Loan Borrowers

Are you having issues with your student loan servicer? DFR is here to help. Oregon’s Student Loan Ombuds can help borrowers resolve disputes with their loan servicer and make sure they are in compliance with the law.

Ombuds for Oregon Workers

The Ombuds Office for Oregon Workers is the state office that serves as an independent advocate for workers by helping them understand their rights, benefits, protections, and responsibilities within the workers’ compensation system and workplace safety and health laws and rules. Previously referred to as the Oregon Ombudsman for Injured Workers.

Oregon Health Authority Ombudsperson

The Oregon Health Authority Ombudsperson provides services to individuals who receive medical assistance and serves as an advocate on issues concerning access to and quality of care for members of the Oregon Health Plan.

Oregon Long-Term Care Ombudsman

Oregon's Long-Term Care Ombudsman is a free service available to residents, families, facility staff, and the public. The program serves residents in nursing facilities, residential care facilities, assisted living facilities and adult foster care homes.

Small Business Ombudsman

The Small Business Ombudsman within Oregon’s Consumer and Business Services serves as an advocate for small businesses throughout the state for workers' compensation questions, complaints, and disputes.

United States Ombudsman Association

If you are interested in learning more about the ombudsman function in general, you may go to the U.S. Ombudsman Association's web site.