These are Resolutions, Ordinances, and Policies that govern the Americans with Disabilities Act at the City of Portland, Oregon.
On this page
- ADM-18.01 – 2013 City of Portland Civil Rights Title VI Plan
- ADM-18.02 – 2014 Title VI Civil Rights Complaint Procedures
- ADM-18.20 – 2014 Title II ADA Complaint Procedures
- ADM-18.21 – 2013 City of Portland American's With Disabilities Act Title II Non-discrimination Policy
- ADM-18.22 – 2015 Americans with Disabilities Act Title II Process for Documenting Technical Infeasibility and Historical Significance Exceptions
- ARC-BTS-3.04 – 2013 Adopt Administrative Rule Captioning of Video and Audio Materials
- Ordinance 184880 2011 Create Office of Equity and Human Rights
- Ordinance 186277 2013 Reaffirm ADA Title II Non-discrimination Policy and establish rules
- Ordinance 186755 2013 Transfer Title II and VI program responsibility to Office of Equity and Human Rights and amend admin rules
- Ordinance 186898 2014 Rulemaking authority to Office of Equity and Human Rights
- Ordinance 187454 2015 Closed Captioning on televisions in public areas
- Ordinance 188483 2017 Private-for-hire rules include provisions for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV)
- Ordinance 191295 2023 Authorize City Attorney to settle lawsuit related to sidewalk obstructions created by campsites. 191295 City Council meeting (video).
- Resolution 34945 1992 Affirm City Council's policy that all programs… are accessible
- Resolution 35135 1993 Affirm City Transition Plans for Compliance with ADA
- Resolution 36035 2001 Adopt Diversity… Affirmative Action Principles…Strategic Development Plan
- Resolution 36658 2008 Portland Commission on Disabilities Resolution
- Resolution 36807 2010 Public Involvement guidance and principles
- Resolution 36925 2012 Develop Strategic Plan to Become Model Employer
- Resolution 36918 2014 ADA Title II and Civil Rights Title VI from OMF to Office of Equity and Human Rights, rulemaking authority
- Resolution 36940 2012 Open captioning of all media produced by the City of Portland resolution
- Resolution 37144 2015 Racial Equity Goals and Strategies to guide City policies, plans and procedures. 37144 City Council Meeting (Video).
- Resolution 37235 2016 Adopt Strategic Plan to implement 2012 Model Employer Resolution. 37235 City Council Meeting (Video).
- Resolution 37450 2019 Office of Equity and Human Rights to coordinate [Title VI and Title II] standard by setting Citywide policies. 37450 City Council Meeting (Video).
- Resolution 37516 2020 Establish and Implement Citywide Language Access Program
- Resolution 37517 2020 Adopt Citywide Disability Equity Goals to guide City policies, plans, procedures. 37517 City Council Meeting (Video).
- Resolution 37525 2020 Establish a Multilingual Pay Differential. 37525 City Council Meeting (Video).
Citywide Guidance: Office of Equity and Human Rights
- Meaningful Access Statements
- Language Access Guidance for COVID-19 Response
- Language List and Guidance
- Language Pay Differential Guidance
- Creating Accessible Documents
- Effective Communication
- Requests for Accommodations
- Events and Meetings
- REAL DATA Demographic Standards Guidance
- Disability Data Collection and Demographics