Second Quarter 2022 disclosures for City lobbying, political consultants, and City official business calendars are now available for the public to view. Highlights are included below.
In this article
- Louise Hansen, City Elections Officer
- Mary Hull Caballero, City Auditor
Quarter 2, 2022 Disclosure Highlights
View Reported Lobbying Contacts with City Officials
View City Officials' Calendars
For more information on the City's disclosure program and requirements, please visit the Lobbying and Political Consultant Regulations webpage.
Quarter 2 Additional Disclosures
- View City Officials' Quarterly Gift Statements
- View Political Consultant Reports
- Access Search Engine for Past Quarterly Statements and Registered Lobbyists (click on "Historical Reports" tab)
Quarter 2 Lobbying Topics
Most frequently disclosed lobbying communications were related to the following topics:
- Business/Economic Development:Food Delivery Services, Right-of-Way (ROW) Code, and Economic Recovery
- Infrastructure: Telecommunications (FirstNet), Interstate Bridge, Cable and Franchise (Utility License)
- Environment: Ban on Sale of Foie Gras, Denmark Visit (Industrial Decarbonization, Energy), Energy (Biofuel, Fossil Fuels)
Quarter 2 Spending
- Lobbying groups reported spending approximately $192,931 in the quarter on City lobbying efforts.
- The following registered entities reported exceeding the quarterly lobbying threshold by spending more than $1,000:
|American Beverage Association||$11,250.00|
|Bitar Bros., Robert A. Bitar Corp.||$4,000.00|
|Columbia Corridor Association||$1,344.00|
|Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC||$1,824.00|
|Oregon Museum of Science and Industry||$15,000.00|
|Oregon Smart Growth||$16,251.00|
|People For Portland||$20,000.00|
|Portland Business Alliance||$3,682.37|
|Toyota Motor North America, Inc.||$2,222.40|
|Western States Petroleum Association||$18,623.17|
Recent Lobbying Enforcement
- Central Eastside Industrial Council received its first warning for submitting a late Q1 2022 Quarterly Statement.
- Oregon Smart Growth received its first warning for submitting a late Q2 2022 Quarterly Statement.
- Verizon received its first warning for submitting a late Q2 2022 Quarterly Statement.
Quarter 2 Political Consultant Disclosures
- Commissioner Mapps reported consulting services with Robert Dobrich.
- Commissioner Ryan reported consulting services with Springwater Partners, CN4 Partners, and Imperium Political Strategies.