In 2025, the City of Portland is phasing out its commission form of government. Going forward, the city council will set policy and the mayor will oversee city business with the help of a city administrator. Learn more about the transition.
Made up of an elected Mayor and four Commissioners, the Portland, Oregon City Council meets weekly in sessions associated with a published Council agenda.
- Mayor Ted Wheeler
- Commissioner Rene Gonzalez
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps
- Commissioner Dan Ryan
City Auditor Simone Rede is responsible for the Council Clerk, oversight of Code and Charter changes, Portland Policy Documents, records and archives, audit reports, lobbyist and consultant registration, and the Ombudsman for complaints about the performance of city agencies.
Offices and Bureaus
City Services and Information
- Search services
- Find a Portland Park
- Search news
- Search events
- Search boards, commissions, and committees (beta - not all advisory groups have been added)
- Search construction (beta - not all construction has been added to this tool)
- Search strategic, planning, and special projects (beta - not all projects have been added)