An elected Mayor and Council of Commissioners are responsible for legislative policy, and oversee bureaus that oversee the day-to-day operations. An elected Auditor ensures the government acts in good faith.
On this page
Made up of an elected Mayor and four Commissioners, the Portland, Oregon City Council meets weekly in sessions associated with a published Council agenda.
- Mayor Ted Wheeler
- Commissioner Rene Gonzalez
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps
- Commissioner Dan Ryan
View the bureaus assigned to each elected official. See the latest Council agenda or view Council videos.
City Auditor Simone Rede is responsible for the Council Clerk, oversight of Code and Charter changes, Portland Policy Documents, records and archives, audit reports, lobbyist and consultant registration, and the Ombudsman for complaints about the performance of city agencies.
Offices and Bureaus
Search offices, bureaus, and their divisions.
City Services and Information
- Search services
- Find a Portland Park
- Search news
- Search events
- Search boards, commissions, and committees (beta - not all advisory groups have been added)
- Search construction (beta - not all construction has been added to this tool)
- Search strategic, planning, and special projects (beta - not all projects have been added)