Constituent Resources

Report Livability & Safety Concerns
Do you have a non-emergency safety or livability concern? Do you need to report a campsite? Here are some ways to get in touch with the city:

Livability & Safety Concerns 

To reach 3-1-1 staff during business hours, 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., excluding federal holidays, call 3-1-1, or (503) 823-4000 within Multnomah County.
Outside this time window, please call the Portland Police's non-emergency number at 503-823-3333

Make an Online Report

Follow-up questions can also be emailed to

The City of Portland uses the Impact Reduction Program (IRP) to identify unsanctioned camping. Through IRP, a citizen can track an unsanctioned campsite, and the City will prioritize removal based on the impact of particular campsites.

Click Here to learn about the City of Portland's campsite removal policy. 

In the event of an emergency or to report a mental/behavioral health crisis to Portland Street Response, please dial 9-1-1. 

When in doubt, here's a helpful graphic of which number to call, and when:

A chart on when to dial 911, 211, or 311.
When to dial 911, 211, or 311.

Portland Environment Management Office (PEMO)

PEMO was established in 2022 to improve Portland’s livability. Specifically, PEMO addresses graffiti, trash, and illegal dumping.