Update as of June 30, 2020 -- The Governor announces statewide indoor mask mandate. Please review information from the County about what is allowed and how to re-open safely when approved. Updates can be found at the State of Oregon's reopening site. The Multnomah County has a page for Events and Gatherings, we encourage you to check back frequently. There are also growing resources and guidance for businesses and reopening. Portland Fire & Rescue Fire Marshal’s Office is providing inspections, permits, certification and plan review services. We have adjusted our business practices to continue serving our customers while following safe worksite guidelines – please see the summary information below and check back frequently for updates. We hope by taking these steps we can help slow the spread of the virus in our community.
Using Tents to Expand Dining for Reopening– We have assembled some general code information for guidance on tents for dining. Please note The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) has launched the Safe Streets Initiative in response to the Covid-19 public health crisis. Part of this initiative is a Business Toolkit, including permits, that allow temporary changes to streets to give people more space to conduct business safely. The Bureau of Development Services posted information for restaurants and retailers to be able to use outdoor space to help reopen during COVID-19.
Certification Examinations – All Services Available, Please Pre-Book Your Testing Appointment
• Drop-in testing no longer possible. Scheduling ensures sufficient social distancing and safety requirements are met.
Code Complaints – Regular Services Available by Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-823-3770.
Code Questions – Regular Services Available by Email email@example.com or call 503-823-3770.
Inspections – Providing Services and Inspections
• Code compliance inspections, high-rise building inspections, SFD hazmat/assembly permit inspections are available in circumstances that comply with the Governor’s Safe Start Guidelines. Schedule using our regular scheduling process.
• Construction – All construction is allowed for businesses that can meet the State’s public health requirements and must follow guidelines.
Plan Review – Regular Services Provided Online and By Email
• Submit plans and corrections at 1300 SE Gideon Monday through Friday between noon and 3:30p.m. An after-hours secure drop box is available for smaller sized plans during times we are not open.
Systems Testing Guidance – Building Owners Should Continue to Maintain Fire Safe Buildings and Equipment
• Ensure safe work environment for employees and customers.
• Email to request extension for testing in occupancies where there is a public health consideration. Red tags must be repaired.
Special Events – Permitted Events Remain Suspended.
• Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule or receive a refund for your permit fees.
Walk in Service Counter at 1300 SE Gideon (Fire Marshal’s Office) – Limited In Person Hours Mon-Fri 12:00-3:30.
• The best method to conduct business is by email email@example.com or call 503-823-3712. We are actively monitoring all our dedicated email accounts. The City is strongly encouraging employees to work from home. Staffing for phones will be limited and wait times will be longer than usual.
Please note: Make checks payable to Portland City Treasurer.