Rename SW Westpoint Ct to SW West Point Ct on Multnomah County Assessor map to match existing addresses and to match an existing street name sign
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- SW Westpoint Court is a cul-de-sac street of less than 200 feet in length east of SW Montgomery Drive, with four (4) properties carrying site addresses for this street.
- SW West Point Terrace is the street name used by the U.S. Postal Service and the Bureau of Emergency Communications (BOEC) and is included on Multnomah County Assessor Map 1S1E04BA.
- Multnomah County Division of Assessment, Recording & Taxation (DART) contacted the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) on August 1, 2023 inquiring about a discrepancy in the street name. DART uses “Westpoint” because SW Westpoint Court was dedicated by the plat of Westpoint.
- On August 2, 2023 DART indicated its preference for the street name to be SW West Point Court, and sought the assistance of PBOT in changing the street name from SW Westpoint Court to SW West Point Court.
- The proposed street name of SW West Point Court matches current addressing of 1730 SW West Point Court, 1740 SW West Point Court, 1750 SW West Point Court and 1760 SW West Point Court. None of these site addresses will be amended by this Ordinance, and the existing street name sign will not need to be changed.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- SW Westpoint Terrace is renamed to SW West Point Terrace upon passage of this Ordinance.
- The Bureau of Development Services retains the authority to change any address number of SW West Point Terrace properties as may be necessary to correct any mistake in previously assigning the address number.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Purpose of Proposed Legislation and Background Information
- Renames SW Westpoint Court to SW West Point Court to match existing addresses used by property owners and used by the U.S. Postal Service.
- This street renaming is at the request of Multnomah County Department of Assessment & Taxation (DART).
Financial and Budgetary Impacts
- No street name sign would be replaced, and no new addresses would be assigned.
- There is no cost other than preparing and filing this Ordinance.
Community Impacts and Community Involvement
- No property owners were notified since no current addresses proposed to change.
- Multnomah County will be instructed to update the Assessor Map upon Council adoption of this Ordinance.
100% Renewable Goal
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
No fiscal impact.
771 Consent Agenda in September 13-14, 2023 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
788 Consent Agenda in September 20-21, 2023 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Rene Gonzalez Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Absent