Amend contract with Gresham Automotive, Inc. dba Gresham Ford to increase the not to exceed amount by $10 million for purchase of fleet vehicles (amend Contract 31002055)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Office of Management and Finance (OMF) Division of Asset Management (DAM) CityFleet is responsible for the maintenance and replacement of all City-owned vehicles in order to provide for timely and efficient fulfillment of City employees work related transportation needs. As part of this responsibility, when vehicles “age out”, CityFleet plans for replacement in a timely fashion in order to minimize additional maintenance and repair costs for the aging vehicles.
- On July 21, 2021, Council passed Ordinance no. 190500 which authorized CityFleet to participate in a cooperative procurement, as allowed under City Code section 5.33.140, issued by the State of Oregon Department of Administrative Services (DAS) for vehicle purchases. Council authorized a participating agreement (Contract no. 31002055) with Gresham Automotive dba Gresham Ford in the original contract amount of $10,000,000.
- Amendment 1, effective August 23, 2022, was executed to increase the participating agreement by an additional $2,500,000, in order to provide CityFleet additional resources to purchase fleet vehicles.
- CityFleet desires to extend its participation in the Cooperative Procurement agreement for an additional one-year through April 30, 2024 and to increase the contract amount by an additional $10,000,000, for a new total not to exceed contract value of $22,500,000. The additional amount is included in the FY 2023-24 CityFleet Vehicle and Equipment Replacement budget.
- CityFleet recommends that an amendment with Gresham Automotive, Inc. dba Gresham Ford be approved to increase the contract amount upon approval of the FY 2023-24 budget.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Chief Procurement Officer or designee is authorized to execute an amendment to participating contract 31002055 with Gresham Automotive, Inc. dba Gresham Ford to increase the not-to-exceed amount by $10,000,000 for a new total contract value not to exceed amount $22,500,000, provided the FY 2023-24 CityFleet Vehicle and Equipment Replacement budget is approved by Council. If a lesser amount is approved in the FY 2023-24 CityFleet Vehicle and Equipment Replacement budget, the Chief Procurement Officer or designee will execute a contract amendment for that lesser budgeted sum. The contract amendment shall be subject to review and approval as to form by the City Attorney’s Office.
- The Mayor and City Auditor are hereby authorized to execute payments to Gresham Automotive, Inc. dba Gresham Ford when demand is presented and approved by the proper authorities.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Purpose of Proposed Legislation and Background Information
Purchase fleet vehicles.
Financial and Budgetary Impacts
Appropriation for the purchase of City vehicles exists in the CityFleet capital equipment reserve, vehicle replacement reserve fund and future years replacement rates charged to bureaus in the interagency agreements.
Community Impacts and Community Involvement
100% Renewable Goal
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
This action extends and increases CityFleet's procurement agreement with Gresham Automotive by one-year and $10 million, increasing the new contract not to exceed amount to $22.5 million. This amount is included in CityFleet's vehicle replacement budget for FY2023-24 and is funded through capital equipment reserves, vehicle replacement reserve funds, and future year replacement rates charged to customer bureaus.
368 Regular Agenda in May 10, 2023 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
388 Regular Agenda in May 17-18, 2023 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Commissioner Rene Gonzalez Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea