*Amend City Employee Benefits Program to reflect necessary plan design changes as recommended by the Labor Management Benefits Committee and administratively required by the Bureau of Human Resources for plan offerings from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Office of Management and Finance, Bureau of Human Resources requires the continuing provisions of employee health and welfare administration.
- The Office of Management and Finance, Bureau of Human Resources has worked collaboratively with the Labor Management Benefits Committee (LMBC) on plan design recommendations for the City’s self-insured and insured plans, as modified within the City of Portland Employee Benefits Program (Exhibit A).
- The Health Fund Budgets for FY 2023-24 and the Payroll Clearing Fund include appropriations in support of the plan design reflected within the City of Portland Employee Benefits Program as identified above.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Council hereby amends and restates the City of Portland Employee Benefits Program, effective July 1, 2023, in a form substantially similar to the attached Exhibit A. The Mayor or the Chief Human Resource Officer are hereby authorized to execute the plan document and any amendments during the plan year as required by law.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order to avoid undue and costly delay in providing benefits to plan participants; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Purpose of Proposed Legislation and Background Information
The purpose of this legislation is to request authorization to amend the City’s Employee Benefits Program to reflect necessary plan design changes as recommended by the Labor Management Benefits Committee (LMBC) and as administratively required by BHR for the City’s plan offerings beginning July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024.
The amendments shown in Exhibit A allows the City to continue provisions of employee health and welfare administration.
Financial and Budgetary Impacts
The Health Fund Budgets for FY 2023-24 and the Payroll Clearing Fund include appropriations in support of the plan design reflected within the City of Portland Employee Benefits Program as shown in Exhibit A.
Community Impacts and Community Involvement
This action is largely internal to City government processes.
100% Renewable Goal
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
This ordinance amends and restates the City’s existing Employee Benefits Program. The costs associated with this program are budgeted in the Office of Management & Finance annual budget and are backed by revenues in the Health Fund. This ordinance does not change budget appropriations.
373 Time Certain in May 10, 2023 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Commissioner Rene Gonzalez Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea