*Authorize competitive solicitation and contract with the lowest responsible bidder and provide payment for the 1900 Building Roof Replacement project
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- OMF Facilities is responsible for the 1900 Building Roof Replacement project. The roof on the 1900 Building is beyond the 20-year warranty period. Over the past 2-3 years there have been leaks in the roof causing damage to the new space below. Construction of the new offices on the 7th floor were completed in January 2022. The roof was tested by a moisture control consultant with cores taken and the insulation has areas of failure typical of a roof this old. The roof is over 25 years old.
- OMF Facilities seeks Council’s authorization for Procurement Services to issue a competitive solicitation and execute a contract for the 1900 Building Roof Replacement project.
- The estimate for this contract action is $1,500,000. ACC Cost Consultants, LLC provided the estimate to InkBuilt Architecture, LLC on November 21, 2022.
- The Bureau’s confidence level in the estimated cost is medium. Prices have been unstable since the pandemic.
- Funding of $1,500,000 is available in the Facilities major maintenance reserve and will be appropriated in the FY 2023-24 budget.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Chief Procurement Officer to facilitate the use of the competitive solicitation process in accordance with City Code for the purchase of construction services for the 1900 Building Roof Replacement project.
- Upon Council acceptance of the Chief Procurement Officer’s Report recommending the contract award, the Chief Procurement Officer is authorized to negotiate and execute a contract, provided the contract has been approved as to form by the City Attorney’s Office.
- The Mayor and City Auditor are hereby authorized to draw and deliver checks chargeable to the major maintenance reserves when demand is presented and approved by the proper authorities.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists due to the potential for water leakage into a very expensive and currently occupied City facility; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed as amended by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Purpose of Proposed Legislation and Background Information
This project will replace the roof at the 1900 Building, an office building OMF Facilities owns and rents out to City tenants.
Financial and Budgetary Impacts
This project is included in the major maintenance plan for the 1900 Building. This plan is funded by rental rates charged to tenants. The project is budgeted in the current year and in FY 2023-24. Unused funding in the current year will be carried over to FY 2023-24.
Community Impacts and Community Involvement
100% Renewable Goal
219 Regular Agenda in March 15, 2023 Council Agenda
Passed As Amended
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Commissioner Rene Gonzalez Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea