Authorize Cooperative Improvement Agreement with the Oregon Department of Transportation for sewer facility adjustments for the US 26 SE Powell Blvd: SE 99th Ave – East City Limits Project in the amount of $100,000
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- ODOT’s US 26 (Powell Blvd) SE 99th Ave to East City Limits project will construct roadway improvements, including 47 sewer maintenance hole adjustments.
- The purpose of the project is to design and construct improvements to reduce the frequency and severity of crashes, and help vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles share the road with fewer conflicts.
- The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) requested all the maintenance hole adjustments be done by ODOT at BES expense as part of said project.
- The estimated cost is $61,500 for sewer facility adjustments. BES O&M contingency for the said adjustments is estimated at $38,500. The total requested authorization, including contingency, for the project is $100,000.
- The established cost of $100,000 is authorized. Funds are available in the Sewer System Operating Fund, FY 2022-2023 Budget, Bureau of Environmental Services Cost Center ESOM000022.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Bureau of Environmental Services Director is authorized to execute the Cooperative Improvement Agreement attached as Exhibit A with the Oregon Department of Transportation to provide a mechanism to pay for the adjustment of 47 sewer maintenance holes as part of ODOT’s US 26 (Powell Blvd) SE 99th Ave to East City Limits project in the amount of $100,000.
- The Mayor and Auditor are hereby authorized to pay for the Cooperative Improvement Agreement from the Sewer System Operating Fund Budget when demand is presented and approved by the proper authority.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Purpose of Proposed Legislation and Background Information
- The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has agreed to take on the adjustment of 47 City sewer maintenance holes as part of their project US26 (Powell Blvd) from SE 99th Ave to East City Limits at BES expense.
- The purpose of the requested legislation is to authorize $100,000.00 via Cooperative Utility Improvement Agreement (CIA) for ODOT to conduct adjustments required to sewer assets within the right of way and project limits.
Financial and Budgetary Impacts
The established cost is $100,000.00. Funds will be made available in the Sewer System Operating Fund, FY 2022-2023 Budget, Bureau of Environmental Services Cost Center ESOM000022
No changes in current or future revenues, and staffing levels are anticipated by the authorization of this CIA.
Community Impacts and Community Involvement
The authorization of the Cooperative Utility Improvement Agreement will reduce impacts to the community by incorporating work that would otherwise have to be done by City crews into the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) project.
100% Renewable Goal
915 Consent Agenda in November 2-3, 2022 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
941 Consent Agenda in November 9, 2022 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Absent
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea