Authorize a competitive solicitation and contract with the lowest responsible bidder and provide payment for construction of the Sullivan Pump Station Safety Improvements Project No. E11356 for an estimated cost of $1,040,000
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) has identified safety hazards, one of which has resulted in a time-loss injury, within the Sullivan Pump Station, and intends to construct measures to address and improve the unsafe working conditions.
- The Bureau of Environmental Services has already contracted with a consultant who prepared bid-ready plans and specifications for the Sullivan Pump Station Safety Improvements project.
- The estimated cost is $1,040,000. The level of confidence in the estimate is high. Funds are available in the Pump Station Improvement Program, within the Sewer System Operating Fund, WBS Element E11356 in the Bureau of Environmental Services’ FY2023-2024 Capital Improvement Plan.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Chief Procurement Officer to facilitate the use of the competitive solicitation process in accordance with the City Code for the procurement of construction services for the Sullivan Pump Station Safety Improvements Project.
- Upon the Council’s acceptance of the Chief Procurement Officer’s report recommending the lowest responsible bidder, the Chief Procurement Officer is authorized to negotiate and execute a contract, provided the contract has been approved as to form by the City Attorney’s office with the lowest responsive bidder for the purpose described in Section 1.
- The Mayor and City Auditor are hereby authorized to pay for the contract from the Sewer System Operating Fund Budget when demand is presented and approved by the proper authority.
Official Record (Efiles)
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
The estimated cost of $1,040,000 has a confidence level of optimal. Funds are available in the Pump Station Improvement Program within BES’s FY 2023-24 Capital Improvement Plan in the Sewer System Operating Fund.
311 Regular Agenda in April 20-21, 2022 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
Passed to second reading April 27, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
335 Regular Agenda in April 27-28, 2022 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea