*Accept a grant in the amount of $5,332,000 from the Oregon Department of Transportation and authorize Intergovernmental Agreement for the Stark & Washington Safety: SE 92nd Ave - SE 109th Ave Project
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- In June 2019 the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) applied for federal aid Regional Flexible Funds administered by Metro regional government (Metro) for the Stark & Washington Safety: SE 92nd Ave - SE 109th Ave Project (background documentation attached as Exhibits B, C, and D);
- In March 2020, Metro notified PBOT that it will award a grant for the Stark & Washington Safety: SE 92nd Ave - SE 109th Ave Project to PBOT in the amount of $5,332,000;
- The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), acting as the disbursement agency for the grant, prepared the final grant agreement in January 2022; and
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation will over match the grant with an additional $6,110,000 from the Transportation System Development Charge and Fixing Our Streets funds.
- The project number is T01035. The grant number is TR000337.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Commissioner-in-Charge is hereby authorized to accept on behalf of the City of Portland a grant from ODOT for the NE 122nd Ave Safety & Access: Beech St – Wasco St Project in the amount of $5,332,000.
- The Commissioner-in-charge to execute an Intergovernmental Agreement in the amount of $5,332,000 in a form similar to the contract attached as Exhibit A.
- The Commissioner-in-Charge is authorized to execute amendments, approved as to form by the City Attorney, to the scope of the services or the terms and conditions of this Agreement, provided the changes do not increase the total project cost by twenty percent (20%) or greater.
- The OMF Grants Office is authorized to perform all administrative matters in relation to the grant application, grant agreement or amendments, requests for reimbursement from the grantor, and to submit required online grant documents on the Commissioner-in-Charge’s behalf.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because a delay would unnecessarily delay the City’s ability to perform the activities authorized by the grant; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
The purpose of this legislation is to accept a federal grant for design and construction of the Stark & Washington Safety: SE 92nd Ave - SE 109th Ave Project. The project is included in PBOT's FY 2021-2022 and requested FY 2022-23 budget for the bureau's Capital Improvement Program. Total project cost is $12,273,629 and is deemed as a low confidence estimate. Project will require local match of $6,110,000 for which Transportation System Development Charges (TSDCs) and Fixing Our Streets funds have been allocated for this match. Additional funding will be provided from General Transportation Revenue (GTR).
186 Time Certain in March 16, 2022 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea