Authorize contract with Moss Adams LLP for financial and federal compliance audits of the City and its reporting entities for three years and up to five years, starting with the statements for FY 2021-22, and other professional services not to exceed $3,507,444 (Contract No. 30008009)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- State law and City Charter require an annual audit of the financial affairs and transactions of the City of Portland, including Prosper Portland, and the Fire and Police Disability and Retirement Funds.
- In addition, the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996, and federal regulations in 2 CFR 200 require an annual federal compliance audit, known as the Single Audit, of the City’s and Prosper Portland’s federal awards and federal assistance programs.
- City Charter Section 2-508 requires the City Auditor to conduct financial audits of City government in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards, and to appoint, coordinate and monitor the annual audit of the City’s financial statements by an independent licensed public accountant.
- City Code Section 3.05.070 authorizes the City Auditor to contract for financial audit services with an outside firm of Certified Public Accountants and requires City Council approval of the selected firm.
- City Charter Section 15-104 requires Prosper Portland to provide for an annual comprehensive independent audit of all funds and accounts of the Commission by a qualified Certified Public Accountant or firm of such accountants selected with the approval of the City Auditor.
- State law requires an annual audit of the financial affairs and transactions of Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission, which the City has to furnish under Section 4 of its 1992 Administrative Services Agreement with Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission.
- The City’s previous contract for financial and federal compliance audits of the City and its reporting entities expires on May 15, 2022 after a five-year period ending with the audit of the FY 2020-21 financial statements.
- The City Auditor, with the assistance of Procurement Services, issued RFP 1763 in October 2021. Two responsive proposals were received. Moss Adams LLP was selected using the competitive process outlined in Auditor administrative rule ARA-2.01. There were two members of the public on the proposal evaluation committee.
- The proposal evaluation committee recommended, and the City Auditor agrees, that Moss Adams LLP, a firm of Certified Public Accountants, be contracted to conduct independent financial and federal compliance audits beginning with the statements for fiscal year 2021-22.
- The Contract will be for an initial three-year term with ability to extend the contract for two (2) additional one-year periods. The contract cost over five years is $3,507,444.
- The contract costs for each portion of the audit will be chargeable to the respective fund(s) of the reporting entity of the City being audited.
- The Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission has authorized Moss Adams LLP to perform its audits for FY 2021-22 through FY 2023-24.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The City Auditor is hereby authorized to enter into a contract with Moss Adams LLP in a form substantially similar to the agreement attached as Exhibit A.
- The Mayor and City Auditor are hereby authorized to pay for the contract from their respective funds.
Official Record (Efiles)
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
132 Consent Agenda in February 23-24, 2022 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
Passed to second reading March 2, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
154 Consent Agenda in March 2, 2022 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea