*Accept grant in the amount of $940,981 and authorize Intergovernmental Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation for SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) applied to The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) for a grant in the amount of $940,981 for SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave on 5/7/2018; and
ODOT has notified the City of Portland that it will award a grant for SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave to PBOT in the amount of $940,981;
- Under such authority, the State and the City of Portland agree to the Portland Bureau of Transportation making safety improvements on SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave, hereinafter referred to as “Project.” Project includes rebuilding the traffic signal, adding left turn capability, and add lighting to improve safety at this intersection; and
- SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave (The Project) was selected as a part of the All Roads Transportation Safety (ARTS) program and may include a combination of federal and state and local funds. “Project” is defined under Terms of Agreement, paragraph 1 of this Agreement; and
- The ARTS State funds for these for these projects totals and are limited to $ 940,981; and
- All funding allocation is detailed in the Agreement attached as Exhibit A.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Commissioner-in-Charge is hereby authorized to accept on behalf of the City of Portland a grant from the Oregon Department of Transportation for SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave in the amount of $940,981. Any increases to the Grant Amount must be approved by the City Council. The Commissioner-in-charge to execute an Intergovernmental Agreement in the amount of $940,981 in a form similar to the contract attached as Exhibit A.
- The Commissioner-in-Charge is authorized to execute amendments, approved as to form by the City Attorney, to the scope of the services or the terms and conditions of this Agreement, provided the changes do not increase the City’s financial risk.
- The OMF Grants Office is authorized to perform all administrative matters in relation to the grant application, grant agreement or amendments, requests for reimbursement from the grantor, and to submit required online grant documents on the Commissioner-in-Charge’s behalf.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because a delay would unnecessarily delay the City’s ability to perform the activities authorized by the grant; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
This ordinance seeks authority to accept a grant award of $940,981.00 from the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) to fund an All Roads Transportation Safety (ARTS) project at SE Flavel St at SE 72nd Ave. The proposed project will cost $1,020,365 (low confidence estimate). The project will be funded through an ARTS grant from ODOT and a 7.78% ($79,588) local match from PBOT. The cost of the project has been accounted for in PBOT’s FY 2021-22 CIP Adopted Budget. There is no out-of-scope work anticipated for this project.
103 Consent Agenda in February 16-17, 2022 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea