Authorize contract with Carollo Engineers, Inc. for engineering services for the Columbia Boulevard Wastewater Treatment Plant Blower System and Building Rehabilitation Project No. E11038 for $4,374,679 (Contract No. 30007680)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Bureau of Environmental Services needs to address deficiencies in the Columbia Boulevard Wastewater Treatment Plant (CBWTP) Blower System and Building. The Project replaces components of the existing system that have reached their end of service life to improve energy efficiency, system reliability, as well as meet the treatment operation need.
- The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) operates the Columbia Boulevard Wastewater Treatment Plant (CBWTP) to provide wastewater treatment for the City of Portland, in accordance with State of Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) issued NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) permit requirements.
- BES requires professional consulting engineering services for project development, predesign, design, and support services during construction and closeout for the CBWTP Blower System and Building Upgrades project.
- The services were advertised under QBS 00001528 and six responsive proposals were received. The selection committee reviewed and scored these proposals in accordance with PCC 5.68 and selected Carollo Engineers, Inc. as the successful Proposer.
- The Minority, Women, Disadvantaged, Emerging Small Business participation in this contract is 42.9%. The Minority Owned Business and Women Owned Busines participation is 39.9%.
- The established cost is $4,374,679. The Confidence Level Rating Index for the PTE contract is “High”. Funds are available in the Sewer System Operating Fund, WBS Element E11038 in the Bureau of Environmental Services’ FY2022-2026 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Commissioner-in-Charge is authorized to enter into a contract with Carollo Engineers, Inc. for services substantially in accordance with Contract No. 30007680 attached hereto as Exhibit A.
- The Mayor and Auditor are hereby authorized to pay for the contract from the Sewer System Operating Fund Budget when demand is presented and approved by the proper authority.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
The Level of Confidence Rating for this agreement’s amount of $4,374,679 is “High”. The estimated project budget is $20 million. Funds for the project are available through annual appropriations within the Bureau of Environmental Services’ FY 2021-26 Capital Improvement Plan in the Sewer System Operating Fund.
905 Regular Agenda in December 15-16, 2021 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
929 Regular Agenda in December 22, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Absent
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea