Authorize a competitive solicitation and contract with the lowest responsible bidder for construction of the City-wide Sump Replacement Project No. E11155 for an estimated cost of $1,458,600
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) needs to fund a sump replacement project to replace failing sump systems at 15 different locations throughout the City of Portland.
- BES prepared plans and specifications for the Citywide Sump Replacement Project. BES requires the furnishing of materials and labor for this project.
- The estimated cost is $1,458,600. The level of confidence in the estimate is high. Funds are available in the Sewer System Operating Fund, WBS Element E11155, Bureau of Environmental Services’ FY2022-2026 Capital Improvement Plan.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Chief Procurement Officer is authorized to execute a contract with the lowest responsive bidder for the purposes described in Section 1, in the amount of $1,458,600.
- The Mayor and City Auditor are hereby authorized to pay for the contract from the Sewer System Operating Fund when demand is presented and approved by the proper authority.
- Upon the Council’s acceptance of the Chief Procurement Officer’s report recommending the lowest responsible bidder, the Chief Procurement Officer is authorized to negotiate and execute a contract, provided the contract has been approved as to form by the City Attorney’s office.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
The proposed project estimate has been assigned a high confidence level. Funding has been included in the Bureau of Environmental Services’ FY 2022-2026 Capital Improvement Plan in the Sewer System Operating Fund, specifically in the Maintenance and Reliability CIP Sewer Program.
803 Regular Agenda in November 10, 2021 Council Agenda
Referred to Commissioner of Public Safety
873 Regular Agenda in December 8, 2021 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
907 Regular Agenda in December 15-16, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea