*Accept and appropriate grant in the amount of $75,000 from the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development to support work to update the Housing Needs Analysis
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) has notified the City of Portland that it has been awarded a 2021-2023 HB 2001 & HB 2003 PLANNING ASSISTANCE GRANT in the amount of $75,000.
- This grant will support state-mandated work to update the City of Portland’s Housing Needs Analysis, which is a supporting document to the 2035 Comprehensive Plan.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Director of the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (Director) is hereby authorized to accept on behalf of the City of Portland a grant from DLCD in the amount of $75,000 for the Residential Infill Project and to execute a Grant Agreement substantially similar to Exhibit A.
- The FY2021-22 budget is hereby amended as follows. The Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability will incorporate $75,000 in grant revenue into the Urban Design and Research program budget.
Fund – 217006
Business Area – PN00
Bureau Program Expenses – $75,000
- BPS and the Office of Management & Finance Grants Division are authorized to perform all administrative matters in relation to the grant application, grant agreement or amendments, requests for reimbursement from the grantor, and to submit required grant documents on the Director’s behalf.
- The BPS Director is authorized to execute amendments to the Agreement, provided such modifications do not increase the City’s financial obligation or risk. Any modifications that increase the City’s financial obligation or risk must be authorized by the City Council.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because a delay would jeopardize the City’s ability to timely perform its obligations under the grant agreement; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
This action would accept and appropriate a grant in the amount of $75,000 from the State of Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development for the residential infill project. Funds will be used to support the work to update the state-mandated Housing Needs Analysis (HNA), which is a supporting document to the 2035 Comprehensive Plan. Specifically, BPS will update the housing inventory; prepare a 2045 household forecast, and prepare a growth allocation model to determine the housing type; affordability level, and location of expected development out to 2045.This $75,000 grant will be incorporated into the BPS FY 2021-22 budget under grant number PN000101. This action will not create any new City staff positions and will use General Fund funded positions for staff time associated with the project. The grant has no match requirement.
867 Consent Agenda in December 8, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea