Accept and appropriate a grant in the amount of $448,903 from the Oregon Office of Emergency Management, Emergency Management Performance Grant Program to administer an integrated all-hazard emergency management program
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Oregon Office of Emergency Management’s Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Program provides financial and technical assistance through their Fiscal Year 2021 grant for the development of an all-hazard emergency management capability to promote planning, response, exercise, training and community outreach.
- The City of Portland, Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) wishes to accept the EMPG grant in the amount of $448,903.
- Funds are requested to support staff salaries and benefits, rent, and materials and services for established bureau programs.
- Local match in the amount of $448,903 will be provided in the form of salary, benefits, and materials and services in the FY 21/22 budget of the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Mayor and the Director of Portland Bureau of Emergency Management are hereby authorized to accept this grant from Oregon Office of Emergency Management in the amount of $448,903.
- The FY 2021-2022 budget is hereby amended as follows:
Business Area – EM
Bureau Program Expenses - $448,903
- The Office of Management & Finance Grants Management Division is authorized to perform all administrative matters in relation to the grant acceptance, grant agreement or amendments, requests for reimbursement from the grantor, and to submit required online grant documents on the PBEM Director’s behalf.
- The Director of the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management is authorized to accept on behalf of the City of Portland any subsequent modifications to the EMPG grant, provided such modifications do not increase the City of Portland’s financial obligation or risk. Any modifications that increase the City of Portland’s financial obligation or risk must be authorized by Portland City Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
This action would accept and appropriate a grant in the amount of $448,903 from the Oregon Office of Emergency Management Performance Grant Program for administrating an integrated all-hazard emergency management program for the City. Grant funds will support staff salaries, rent, Bureau of Technology Services charges, and Materials & Services that support PBEM’s existing emergency management program. This grant does require a 50% match that will come from the General Fund in FY 21-22 budget. The grant further requires PBEM submit and follow an annual work plan.
835 Consent Agenda in December 1, 2021 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
861 Consent Agenda in December 8, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea