Amend Sidewalks, Curbs and Driveways Code and Transportation Administrative Rules to update and add clarification for the permitting and condition of driveways (repeal Code Section 17.28.100 and amend Code Section 17.28.110; replace Administrative Rule TRN-10.40)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation’s Development Review Division seeks to foster equitable and efficient development across the City of Portland. The proposed updates are relating to the permitting and conditions of driveways.
- The changes to City Code Chapter 17.28.110 build upon the existing structure by codifying refinements consistently applied over the years and provide clear and objective requirements in the Code.
- The authority to safeguard driveway design and the exception process to vary from these standards remains the same.
- The proposed changes include the incorporation of language currently under Section 17.28.100 (Driveways Defined) into the updated Section 17.28.110 (Driveways – Permits and Conditions). The existing section 17.28.100 will be repealed. The current version of Section 17.28.110 will be replaced by the new language shown in Exhibit A.
- Transportation Administrative Rule TRN-10.40 (Driveways on Arterial Streets) will be updated and renamed TRN-10.40 - Driveways – Permits and Conditions to reflect the revisions to the above Section 17.28.110 code changes. The proposed changes are shown in Exhibit B.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- Repeal City Code Section 17.28.100 Driveways Defined.
- Replace City Code Section 17.28.110 Driveways – Permits and Conditions as shown in Exhibit A.
- Replace Transportation Administrative Rule TRN-10.40 Driveways on Arterial Streets as shown in Exhibit B. Only City Council shall have the authority to adopt and amend this administrative rule.
- Exhibit B is binding city policy.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
807 Regular Agenda in November 10, 2021 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
823 Regular Agenda in November 17, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea