*Amend Bureau of Transportation Administration Code to clarify purpose, organization, vision and mission, duties, and administrative rules and procedures to better align with current practices and policies (amend Code Chapter 3.12)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT), along with partner bureaus, continually seeks to improve its processes to provide the best possible services to residents of the City of Portland. The bureau’s overall goals and practices are governed by City Code Title 3 Administration, which requires updates to better reflect bureau policies and practices.
- The changes to Chapter 3.12 Transportation clarify the purpose, organization, vision and mission, duties, and administrative rules and procedures of PBOT. Previously, these sections were condensed into the organization section and provided minimal explanation as to the duties and practices of the bureau. These changes seek to create a better overview of PBOT as established in the various strategic plans, master plans, and other policies the bureau has published.
- The code changes can be viewed in Exhibit A.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- Amend City Code Chapter 3.12 as shown in Exhibit A.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because failure to adopt will inhibit PBOT’s rulemaking ability and authority; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
775 Consent Agenda in October 27, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Absent
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea