Adopt the State of Oregon 2021 Editions of the Oregon Residential Specialty Code, the Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code, the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code, and the Oregon Electrical Specialty Code (amend Code Titles 24, 25, and 26)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The City Council finds:
- The City serves as the local administrator for the State Building Codes, pursuant to ORS 455.148. Therefore, the City must adopt the following 2021 Editions of the State Building Codes: Oregon Residential Specialty Code; the Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code, the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code; and the Oregon Electrical Specialty Code. The City Council has previously adopted these codes by reference in Portland City Code Titles 24, 25 and 26.
- Per Portland City Title 3, BDS administers and enforces Portland City Titles 24 (Building Regulations), Title 25 (Plumbing Regulations), and 26 (Electrical Regulations).
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- Portland City Code Titles 24, 25, and 26 are amended as follows in Exhibit A.
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
Budget Office Financial Impact Analysis
This ordinance amends references in Titles 24, 25, and 26 to the current editions of the Oregon Residential Specialty Code, the Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code, the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code, and the Oregon Electrical Specialty Code, along with the International Codes on which they are based.
There are no financial or budgetary impacts associated with the proposed ordinance outside of standard costs associated with code changes, including purchasing new code books and staff training. No new regulations are created by the proposed amendments.
648 Consent Agenda in September 1, 2021 Council Agenda
Passed to second reading
662 Consent Agenda in September 8, 2021 Council Agenda
- Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea