*Approve annexation to the City of Portland of property within the City’s Urban Services Boundary in case number A-1-20, on NW Miller Road, between NW Brynwood Lane and NW 81st Place (Ordinance)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- The property owners and registered voters have initiated a proposal by a consent petition to annex to the City of Portland the property described in Exhibit A, and generally illustrated with Exhibit B.
- The property owners want to annex to Portland to obtain City sewer service for site within the boundaries of the City’s Urban Services Boundary. The applicant has taken steps toward applying for public works permits to make these extensions (2021-043815-000-00-EA).
- The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability prepared a staff report meeting the requirements of City administrative rule and Metro code on July 14, 2021, more than seven days before the first reading of this ordinance.
- Based on the July 14, 2021 Staff Report attached as Exhibit C, which Council adopts in whole as its own findings, this proposal for annexation meets the applicable approval criteria.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The proposed annexation described in Exhibit A is approved.
- The subject territory is withdrawn from the Tualatin Valley Fire/Rescue District #1 JT.
- The City Auditor is authorized and directed to file a certified copy of this Ordinance with the Boundary Change Office of Metro.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that there be no delay in extending services, therefore, this Ordinance shall be in force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Official Record (Efiles)
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed as amended by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
601 Consent Agenda in July 28-29, 2021 Council Agenda
Passed As Amended
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea