*Accept and appropriate a grant for $100,000 from Metro for the Anti-Displacement Action Plan and amend grant agreement with the Portland African American Leadership Forum to add $100,000 to extend support for a community organizer (Contract No. 32002083)
The City of Portland ordains:
Section 1. The Council finds:
- Metro has notified the City of Portland that it has been awarded a 2040 Planning and Development Grant for the Anti-Displacement Action Plan in the amount of $100,000.
- This grant amendment furthers several of the Community Involvement Goals in the 2035 Comprehensive Plan, facilitating the meaningful participation of communities most impacted by displacement historically and valuing their wisdom and participation as we work toward more equitable outcomes.
- The full grant amount of $100,000 will be provided to PAALF to support a community organizer position for a second year. The organizer serves as a critical link between the City Anti-Displacement Action Plan project and the Anti-Displacement Coalition and leadership. PAALF was a partner in the Metro grant application.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
- The Director of the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (Director) is hereby authorized to accept on behalf of the City of Portland a grant from Metro in the amount of $100,000 for the Anti-Displacement Action Plan and to execute an Intergovernmental Agreement substantially similar to Exhibit A.
- The Director is hereby authorized to execute an amendment to Grant Agreement No. 32002083 in a form substantially similar to Exhibit B to distribute the $100,000 in grant funds to PAALF.
- The FY2021-22 budget is hereby amended as follows. The Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability will incorporate $100,000 in grant revenue into District Planning budget and provide the full amount as a grant to PAALF.
Business Area – PN00
Bureau Program Expenses - $100,000
- BPS and the Office of Management & Finance Grants Division are authorized to perform all administrative matters in relation to the grant application, grant agreement or amendments, requests for reimbursement from the grantor, and to submit required grant documents on the Director’s behalf.
- The BPS Director is authorized to execute amendments to the Agreement, provided such modifications do not increase the City’s financial obligation or risk. Any modifications that increase the City’s financial obligation or risk must be authorized by the City Council.
- To the extent it applies, the City Council waives the competitive application process required in FIN 2.04-Budget.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because a delay would unnecessarily delay the City’s ability to perform the activities authorized by the grant; therefore, this Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Official Record (Efiles)
An ordinance when passed by the Council shall be signed by the Auditor. It shall be carefully filed and preserved in the custody of the Auditor (City Charter Chapter 2 Article 1 Section 2-122)
Passed by Council
Auditor of the City of Portland
Mary Hull Caballero
600 Consent Agenda in July 28-29, 2021 Council Agenda
- Former Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty Yea
- Commissioner Mingus Mapps Yea
- Commissioner Carmen Rubio Yea
- Commissioner Dan Ryan Yea
- Mayor Ted Wheeler Yea